Tuesday, November 15, 2022

Spiritual Revelation Is A God-Thing

"But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." -  1 Corinthians 2:14

Have you ever tried to explain the Bible to someone who is not a Christian? It is futile. It is equivalent to speaking to someone in another language, one which they do not speak or comprehend. Have you ever thought about spiritual conviction - you know - the conviction of sin that came upon you the day you surrendered your heart to the Lord by faith? I was lost and not able to understand spiritual things or  able to hear God, but suddenly I was able to hear and understand to the point of salvation. It is a mystery isn't it?

"He who is of God hears God’s words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God.” - John 8:47

Our son is being considered for a job as a business analyst with a software development company.  He will be helping customers to understand work through their business processes as they seek to automate those processes.  I am a process guy myself, when I am "making tents". Understanding how things are connected and who they flow. In a similar way, I think it is important that we understand the ways of God.

"For My thoughts are not your thoughts, Nor are your ways My ways,” says the Lord. For as the heavens are higher than the earth, So are My ways higher than your ways, And My thoughts than your thoughts." - Isaiah 55:8-9

As Christians, we have the capacity to understand God's ways, with the help of the Holy Spirit. Apart from the Spirit of God we do not. My point is that we should make the effort to understand what has happened, what is happening and what will happen in the context of God working in our lives and in the lives of those around us. For that we need the Spirit by Whom we are sealed and the revelation that comes through the Word of God!

"But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you." - John 14:26

"All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work." - 2 Timothy 3:16

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone


No comments: