Wednesday, October 12, 2016

The Importance Of Walking With God - Just You And The Lord

My Utmost For His Highest
 
Enoch walked with God… —Genesis 5:24
 
“The true test of a person’s spiritual life and character is not what he does in the extraordinary moments of life, but what he does during the ordinary times when there is nothing tremendous or exciting happening. A person’s worth is revealed in his attitude toward the ordinary things of life when he is not under the spotlight (see John 1:35-37 and John 3:30). It is painful work to get in step with God and to keep pace with Him […] Spiritual truth is learned through the atmosphere that surrounds us, not through intellectual reasoning. It is God’s Spirit that changes the atmosphere of our way of looking at things, and then things begin to be possible which before were impossible.”  CHAMBERS
 
The true test of a Saint is not what happens in front of others, but what happens when no one is around.  Or at least we think no one is around.  You know that when you are born again, God puts His Spirit in you as a seal (Ephesians 1:13-14), as the only source of spiritual power.  You are virtually, no actually, the temple of the Holy Spirit.  (1 Corinthians 6:19).  You are never alone.  Be careful that you don’t think that God is just waiting to catch you in a sin.  God has given us His Spirit so we can walk with Him .. pure and holy … To put a twist on a verse “It is not the outside of a cup (or person) that makes it clean” (Matthew 23:25-26)  God cleans us up from the inside – out. 
 
I have noticed that people .. family and acquaintances .. who are not Christians or who are not walking out their faith, are careful how they talk around Martie and me.  They change their language, even what they do, apparently in deference to their awareness of our faith.  What they don’t know is that, although we appreciate not hearing the words, or seeing the behavior, it is their hearts that we are concerned about.   What it speaks to is their spiritual ignorance.  They are blind to the truth.  They are concerned about what we think when they should be most concerned about what God, the righteous judge, thinks. But I digress.  If you want to live your new life to the extent that God intends, then you need to develop your relationship with the Lord.  You do that, primarily, one on one with Him.  If you are not spending time with the Lord, alone, your walk will be fragile.  Your spiritual success will be more dependent people, events, and circumstances than an intimate relationship with the Lord. ELGIN
 
In The Garden
 
I come to the garden alone  While the dew is still on the roses
And the voice I hear, falling on my ear  The Son of God discloses
 
He speaks and the sound of His voice  Is so sweet the birds hush their singing
And the melody that He gave to me  Within my heart is ringing
 
I'd stay in the garden with Him  'Tho the night around me be falling
But He bids me go, through the voice of woe  His voice to me is calling
 
And he walks with me  And he talks with me And he tells me I am His own
And the joy we share as we tarry there None other has ever known

No comments: