Monday, June 27, 2016

What Are You Worried About? Why Are You Worried About it?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
"…I am with you to deliver you," says the Lord. —Jeremiah 1:8
 
“God promised Jeremiah that He would deliver him personally— “…your life shall be as a prize to you…” (Jeremiah 39:18). That is all God promises His children. […] Our personal property and possessions are to be a matter of indifference to us, and our hold on these things should be very loose. If this is not the case, we will have panic, heartache, and distress. Having the proper outlook is evidence of the deeply rooted belief in the overshadowing of God’s personal deliverance. […]  Never look for justice in this world, but never cease to give it. If we look for justice, we will only begin to complain and to indulge ourselves in the discontent of self-pity, as if to say, “Why should I be treated like this?” […] We put our common sense on the throne and then attach God’s name to it. We do lean to our own understanding, instead of trusting God with all our hearts (see Proverbs 3:5-6).” CHAMBERS
 
What troubles your life the most, the thought of losing your life or the thought of losing your lifestyle?  I would say that most people don’t worry about their physical death until they are faced with some trauma that threatens their physical life.  Worries about one’s lifestyle are most likely limited to people who live in developed countries.  In undeveloped countries, the people have nothing and no means to ever have something.  Their concerns are more about how they will eat and where they will find water to drink. There is a song by Janis Joplin that describes the attitude of many Christians, “ Oh Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?  My friends all drive Porsches, I must make amends.  Worked hard all my lifetime, no help from my friends, So Lord, won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz ?  Oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV ?  Dialing For Dollars is trying to find me.  I wait for delivery each day until three,  So oh Lord, won't you buy me a color TV ?”  Are you thinking, “That’s not me!”  Good.  The point is, examine about what is most important for you to maintain?  The possessions and lifestyle that you have or your relationship with the Lord?  Do you see God has the giver of whatever you want or the giver of what you need.
 
To have this life in proper perspective requires that you have spiritual perspective. To have spiritual perspective requires that you practice spiritual disciplines.  That you seek God first for His sake and not for your sake.  Do not think about what you want and then seek God, seek God with the confidence that He will give you what you need.  (Matthew 22:37-38) “Love God with all your heart, mind, soul and strength.” If you do that, there is no room for the love of things of the world.  (1 John 2:15) “Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world, love for the Father is not in them.”  But out of the love for the Father will spring the love for what He loves.   Let me give you a hint,  is not a new car or a color TV.  CHARLEY

No comments: