Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Is It Your Will To Do God's Will?




“This is the will of God, your sanctification…” —1 Thessalonians 4:3

“Sanctification is not a question of whether God is willing to sanctify me— is it my will? Am I willing to let God do in me everything that has been made possible through the atonement of the Cross of Christ? Am I willing to let Jesus become sanctification to me, and to let His life be exhibited in my human flesh? (see 1 Corinthians 1:30). […] Receive Jesus Christ to become sanctification for you by absolute, unquestioning faith, and the great miracle of the atonement of Jesus will become real in you. […] Sanctification makes me one with Jesus Christ, and in Him one with God, and it is accomplished only through the magnificent atonement of Christ. Never confuse the effect with the cause. The effect in me is obedience, service, and prayer, and is the outcome of inexpressible thanks and adoration for the miraculous sanctification that has been brought about in me because of the atonement through the Cross of Christ.” CHAMBERS

Are you willing to let God change you? And if you think to yourself, “hasn’t He changed me enough?”, then the answer is no.  Are you willing to let Him control your life? Or better, are you willing to release your life to God?  My sister and I used to tease each other by saying “you are not the boss of me!”  It was all in good jest, but when it comes to submitting to God and letting Him shape you into the new creation that He has intended you to be, well that is not a joke.  When you are born again, you are set apart from this world and its judgement.  But then comes the challenge.  Will you be obedient, to the point of letting God transform you.  The New Testament is replete with admonitions to the Saints to abandon the old way and pursue the new.  To follow the Spirit and not their flesh.  That requires a submission of the heart.  Your devotion must be first to God.  Matthew 22:37 “Love God with all ….”  We all have aspects of our old life that we still cling to.  We must let it go.  Surrender it to God.  Romans 12:1 “Offer yourself as a living sacrifice … your reasonable service”, why is it reasonable?  Because while you were yet a sinner, Christ died for you.  ELGIN

Jeremiah 29:11 “For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”

My Will (DC Talk)

“I'm setting the stage for the things I love, And I'm now the man I once couldn't be
And nothing on earth could now ever move me’ I now have the will and the strength a man needs

Complexity haunts me for I am two men, Entrenched in a battle that I'll never win
My discipline fails me, my knowledge it fools me, But You are my shelter, all the strength that I need

I'm learning to give up the rights to myself, The bits and the pieces I've gathered as wealth
Could never compare to the joy that You bring me, The peace that You show me is the strength that I need

It's my will, I'm not moving, 'Cause if it's Your will, then nothing can shake me
And it's my will to bow and praise You, I now have the will to praise my God

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: