Sunday, November 2, 2014

Obey God And Fulfill Your Purpose

My Utmost For His Highest
 
“The Lord does not give me rules, but He makes His standard very clear. If my relationship to Him is that of love, I will do what He says without hesitation. If I hesitate, it is because I love someone I have placed in competition with Him, namely, myself. Jesus Christ will not force me to obey Him, but I must. And as soon as I obey Him, I fulfill my spiritual destiny. My personal life may be crowded with small, petty happenings, altogether insignificant. But if I obey Jesus Christ in the seemingly random circumstances of life, they become pinholes through which I see the face of God. Then, when I stand face to face with God, I will discover that through my obedience thousands were blessed. When God’s redemption brings a human soul to the point of obedience, it always produces. If I obey Jesus Christ, the redemption of God will flow through me to the lives of others, because behind the deed of obedience is the reality of Almighty God.” CHAMBERS
 
(Note) Sorry for the void in devotions .. we have been traveling in Western Haiti and I was not well.
 
(Psalms 40:6-11) “Sacrifice and offering You did not desire; My ears You have opened. Burnt offering and sin offering You did not require. Then I said, "Behold, I come; In the scroll of the book it is written of me. I delight to do Your will, O my God, And Your law is within my heart." I have proclaimed the good news of righteousness In the great assembly; Indeed, I do not restrain my lips, O LORD, You Yourself know. I have not hidden Your righteousness within my heart; I have declared Your faithfulness and Your salvation; I have not concealed Your lovingkindness and Your truth From the great assembly. Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O LORD; Let Your lovingkindness and Your truth continually preserve me.”
 
God prefers obedience to sacrifice.  We give up what has been given to us, as a sacrifice, and we think that a grand thing.  All of it comes from God.  No, what pleases God is when we exercise the free will He has created us with and we choose Him and not ourselves. Do your find delight in obeying Him? I didn’t ask if you delight in the idea of obeying Him, but in the actual doing.  Obedience is not an easy thing.  Yielding your will to God and not holding on to your own is not an easy thing. But, when you do it, you are fulfilled in a way that cannot be experienced through personal effort or feigned righteousness.  Like Lot’s wife you will be challenged to turn back and consider what you have left behind.  When you obey God, the world will see God through your life.  He has made us to be salt and light to a lost and dying world.  When you say no to God … you say no to your divine purpose.  ELGIN
 
“Do not withhold Your tender mercies from me, O LORD; Let Your lovingkindness and Your truth continually preserve me.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: