Thursday, November 6, 2014

Looking for Peace in All the Wrong Places

My Utmost For His Highest
 
“Is the Lord dealing with you in the same way? […]  Allow Him to drive His question home to you— “Do you believe this?” Are you facing an area of doubt in your life? Have you come, like Martha, to a crossroads of overwhelming circumstances where your theology is about to become a very personal belief? This happens only when a personal problem brings the awareness of our personal need.[…] But in intimate personal belief I commit myself spiritually to Jesus Christ and make a determination to be dominated by Him alone. Then, when I stand face to face with Jesus Christ and He says to me, “Do you believe this?” I find that faith is as natural as breathing. And I am staggered when I think how foolish I have been in not trusting Him earlier.”  CHAMBERS
 
What or who is it that dominates you?  The oppresses your spirit?  That stresses you out? Is it what others do or don’t do? What happens to you or does not happen to you? Is your happiness and peace in life dependent upon things happening in your way?  In The way you have decided they must?  If you want peace in your heart, it must begin with Jesus.  (John 14:27) “Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.”  The peace that you find through faith in Jesus does not depend upon the absence of conflict, as it does in the world.  The world can be raging around you, but, you can be at peace in the midst of it.  Why? Because your peace .. the absence of fear and worry comes from Jesus not from the world.
 
(John 16:33) These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world." Everyone will face difficulty in their lives … Jesus did not say that you would never have to deal with them … but as Christians we have a choice about how we respond to those difficulties. ELGIN
 
It Is Well with My Soul | Horatio G. Spafford
 
“When peace, like a river, attendeth my way, When sorrows like sea billows roll;
Whatever my lot, Thou hast taught me to say, It is well, it is well with my soul.
It is well with my soul, It is well, it is well with my soul."
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: