Monday, November 3, 2014

You Must Be Broken To Be Made Whole

My Utmost For His Highest
 
“I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me…” —Galatians 2:20
 
“These words mean the breaking and collapse of my independence brought about by my own hands, and the surrendering of my life to the supremacy of the Lord Jesus. No one can do this for me, I must do it myself. […] Has that breaking of my independence come? All the rest is religious fraud. The one point to decide is— will I give up? Will I surrender to Jesus Christ, placing no conditions whatsoever as to how the brokenness will come? […] The passion of Christianity comes from deliberately signing away my own rights and becoming a bondservant of Jesus Christ. Until I do that, I will not begin to be a saint.” CHAMBERS
 
The danger we all face is that we will choose to define the depth of our crucifixion.  Will we merely carry the cross for a ways.  Maybe to the hill. Jesus says lay down on the cross, let the nails be driven, and your body lifted up .. then die to yourself.  Sound morbid? Well, it is.  We are talking about the death of self.  No more excuses.  No more compromises.  No more accommodation of “socially acceptable” sins.  No more empty religion.  No more giving appearances.  But now, the life of Christ is flowing from our bodies.
 
Now, we are willing to go and do whatever the Lord wills.  We have forsaken our devotion to our old ways, habits, preferences and allowed the Spirit of God to search us and cleanse us.  We embrace the conviction of the Spirit over our sin, and we will sin.  We rejoice in hardship because with it brings glory to our Father as He carries us through it.  It is here that we find the peace that Jesus spoke of.  It is here that we find His strength in us.  And it is then we discover that only our faith and obedience can carry is to this place.
 
“Brokenness, brokenness is what I long for,  Brokenness is what I need
Brokenness, brokenness is what you want from me
So, take my heart and form it,  Take my mind and transform it
Take my will and conform it  To yours, to yours, oh Lord”
 
Pray it like you mean it!  ELGIN
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: