Thursday, November 27, 2014

In The World But Not Of It

My Utmost For His Highest
 
“Our Lord was not a recluse nor a fanatical holy man practicing self-denial. He did not physically cut Himself off from society, but He was inwardly disconnected all the time. He was not aloof, but He lived in another world. In fact, He was so much in the common everyday world that the religious people of His day accused Him of being a glutton and a drunkard. Yet our Lord never allowed anything to interfere with His consecration of spiritual power. […] The Spirit of God has set a great many people free from their sin, yet they are experiencing no fullness in their lives— no true sense of freedom. The kind of religious life we see around the world today is entirely different from the vigorous holiness of the life of Jesus Christ. “I do not pray that You should take them out of the world, but that You should keep them from the evil one” (John 17:15). We are to be in the world but not of it— to be separated internally, not externally (see John 17:16). […]  Consecration (being dedicated to God’s service) is our part; sanctification (being set apart from sin and being made holy) is God’s part.” CHAMBERS
 
I have wondered why God does not just takes us to heaven when we say “yes to Jesus”. When we are born again, we open our eyes and find ourselves standing before the throne.  In a way, that does happen.  Before I was a Christian, I was spiritually blind .. dead toward the things of God.  But now, I can see spiritual truth, I can understand it, and I am adopted into the family of God.  My challenge is to live my live as a child of the king while I am living in a world that is lost and dying.  My challenge is not join in with my culture and live in the manner I lived before my new birth.
 
The Father leaves us here to be living testimonies to His grace and mercy. To be salt and light to those who are perishing.  It would be a terrible thing to live our lives out and to have been indistinguishable from those we were to witness to.  To be so much like the world that no one had any idea that we were Christians.  Or worse for them to know we were Christians but see no reason to seek that life because they see no difference in our life choices.  Let your light shine for all to see. ELGIN
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: