Thursday, August 29, 2013

You Gotta Have Faith!

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘As soon as I say, “I believe ’God shall supply all [my] need,’ ” the testing of my faith begins (Philippians 4:19). When my strength runs dry and my vision is blinded, will I endure this trial of my faith victoriously or will I turn back in defeat?’ CHAMBERS
 
Life is a test … a test of faith … Imagine yourself in a situation where the odds are against you, the opponent is much stronger … that would be life … we are  always faced with issues that are bigger than we are … but God is on your side … if God is for us, who [or what] can be against us? (Romans 8:31)
 
The question in Romans is a wonderful one .. but for it to have value, you must have faith.  You must look to God.  The cripple at the gate, the cripple at the pool, the blind man, the woman in the crowd who touched the hem of Jesus’ robe … what was common? They looked to God and believed.  Does that sound too simple, too easy?  Actually it is not so simple .. not so easy .. why?  Because you have to trust God and not yourself.  It is funny that way … we face the impossible .. worry that there is nothing we can do .. yet will not trust God to help us .. the God who can do more than we can ask or imagine.
 
“Turn your eyes upon Jesus. Look full in His wonderful face.  And the things of earth (all that you worry about) will grow strangely dim in the light of His glory and grace”.
 
Ephesians 3:20-21 “Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: