Saturday, August 17, 2013

My Chains Are Gone .. I've Been Set Free

My Utmost For His Highest
 
“What is so terrible is that some of us prevent His words from bearing fruit in our present life. I wonder what we will say when we finally make up our minds to be devoted to Him on that particular point? One thing is certain— He will never throw our past failures back in our faces.” CHAMBERS
 
Are there things in your past life that haunt you? They seem to dwell in the back of your mind and when they show up at your door step they serve only to discourage you .. to even question your salvation.  I want you to know that those thoughts don’t come from the Spirit of God.  But they do raise a good question.  Would God save someone like me .. and more would He use someone like me.  The fear that He would not hinders many Christians.  But …. the answer is “YES!” We are forgiven in Christ … it is a fact … a truth … it never changes … your feelings may be to the contrary … but feelings are not facts  …. They change with the direction of the wind … they deceive us and discourage us.
 
I want to encourage you today.  Your past merely serves as a reminder of what you were saved from … proof that you needed a savior … but look to the One who saved you …  He will never throw your past in your face … (nor should we do that to others) but will always point you to your glorious future … you are living a new life …… 2 Corinthians 5:17 … old things are passed away (gone .. no longer a part of your life) .. new things have come .. rejoice my friend … if God is for you  .. who (or what) can be against you?
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: