Saturday, June 1, 2013

I Didn't Know I had It In Me

My Utmost For His Highest
 
When God wants to show you what human nature is like separated from Himself, He shows it to you in yourself. If the Spirit of God has ever given you a vision of what you are apart from the grace of God (and He will only do this when His Spirit is at work in you), then you know that in reality there is no criminal half as bad as you yourself could be without His grace. My “grave” has been opened by God and “I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells” (Romans 7:18). God’s Spirit continually reveals to His children what human nature is like apart from His grace.’ CHAMBERS
 
Have you ever had an experience where you thought “I did not know that was still in my nature. I thought I was past all of that.”  Those times are reminders that you .. and I are save by grace .. that through our salvation our old nature was not sanctified, but it is our new nature that is sanctified. If I begin to think that I had something to do with my salvation .. that I am somehow responsible .. God will remind me that I was on the road to hell until I met Jesus. Are you living in a way that requires you to be good .. based upon what you do? Or are you living by faith in the One who is good?
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: