Friday, May 31, 2013

Who is on First?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
Put Trust in God First.
 
Our Lord never put His trust in any person. Yet He was never suspicious, never bitter, and never lost hope for anyone, because He put His trust in God first. He trusted absolutely in what God’s grace could do for others. If I put my trust in human beings first, the end result will be my despair and hopelessness toward everyone. I will become bitter because I have insisted that people be what no person can ever be— absolutely perfect and right.
 
Put God’s Will First.
 
The purpose of our Christian training is to get us into the right relationship to the “needs” of God and His will. Once God’s “needs” in us have been met, He will open the way for us to accomplish His will, meeting His “needs” elsewhere.
 
Put God’s Son First.
 
Am I allowing my natural life to be slowly transformed by the indwelling life of the Son of God? God’s ultimate purpose is that His Son might be exhibited in me.’ CHAMBERS
 
Jesus is the answer … if we put our hope in a person, we will be disappointed.  (Matt 22:37-39) … Love God, then your neighbor.  Placing your hope in a person is placing trust in your solution to how you should live your life.  Trust God not yourself (Prov 3:5-6) It is unfair to expect a person to do what only God can do and it will lead to disappointment and discouragement.  It is dangerous to choose your own path and reject God.  I saw a bumper sticker once that said “No Jesus No Peace .. Know Jesus .. Know Peace”.  Jesus will always be the answer …
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: