Tuesday, May 14, 2013

This Little Light Of Mine ...

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘The moment you obey the light of God, His Son shines through you in that very adversity; but if you debate with God, you grieve His Spirit (see Ephesians 4:30). You must keep yourself in the proper condition to allow the life of the Son of God to be manifested in you, and you cannot keep yourself fit if you give way to self-pity. Our circumstances are the means God uses to exhibit just how wonderfully perfect and extraordinarily pure His Son is.’ CHAMBERS
 
James 1:2-3  My brethren, count it all joy when you fall into various trials,  knowing that the testing of your faith produces patience.
 
Philippians 2:17  Yes, and if I (Paul) am being poured out as a drink offering on the sacrifice and service of your faith, I am glad and rejoice with you all.
 
As Christians we are not immune from hardship.  But God uses that hardship to give testimony to the sufficiency of Christ.  The testimony is found in the Christian’s response to life.  People are not really interested in how we respond to good times .. people don’t struggle when things are going their way.  But when times are bad … when hope is lost .. they look for answers.  Christians have an eternal Hope in them.  Hope can never be lost for me for that reason.  But do I draw on that Hope or do I revert to my old nature and forget that God is with me.  The fruit of the Spirit is best evidenced in the darkest of times.
 
Many Christians pretend that things are going well, when they are not at all.  They don’t understand that it is not the circumstance they find themselves in, but the presence and the power of God that makes things right and bearable.
 
Look to the Lord my friend.  Let your light shine before all men.  Glorify God through your life and how you respond to the trials you will surely face.
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: