Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Run To God .. Not From Him


My Utmost For His Highest

‘Your growth in grace is not measured by the fact that you haven’t turned back, but that you have an insight and understanding into where you are spiritually. Have you heard God say, “Come up higher,” not audibly on the outer level, but to the innermost part of your character?’ CHAMBERS
 
Does that seem odd to you?  Inconsistent with your view of being sanctified .. holy … Do you remember Isaiah 6:5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the Lord Almighty.” Isaiah was aware of the distance between a holy God and Isaiah’s sinful nature.
 
A danger that we face is thinking that we must be perfect and when we discover we are not, we want to hide our sin or worse .. run from God instead of to God.  Chambers is talking about my understanding that what the Word says is true … Not only about my old nature but also about my new nature.  “What can wash away my sins?  Nothing but the blood of Jesus … what can make me whole again .. nothing but the blood of Jesus.”
 
You may believe  that where you are at this moment is as far as you can go with God, but He wants to take you to a higher place spiritually.  Are you aware of your failings, your sinful state? Good!  That is the first step … take it to the Lord and He will cleanse you … wash your feet … restore you …
 
Ephesians 3:17-19 “… so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: