Monday, February 18, 2013

Moving On

My Utmost For His Highest
 
Rise, let us be going —Matthew 26:46
 
‘We will have times of despair caused by real events in our lives, and we will be unable to lift ourselves out of them. The disciples, in this instance, had done a downright unthinkable thing— they had gone to sleep instead of watching with Jesus. But our Lord came to them taking the spiritual initiative against their despair and said, in effect, “Get up, and do the next thing.” If we are inspired by God, what is the next thing? It is to trust Him absolutely and to pray on the basis of His redemption. Never let the sense of past failure defeat your next step.’ CHAMBERS
 
If you have lived, you have experienced either despair, regret or both. There are so many things in life that we have done or have been done to us that cause us to sink into despair… to want to give up. The Apostle Paul wrote; “Not that I have already attained, or am already perfected; but I press on, that I may lay hold of that for which Christ Jesus has also laid hold of me.  Brethren, I do not count myself to have apprehended; but one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind and reaching forward to those things which are ahead,  I press toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus.”  Philippians 3:12-14
 
We live in a fallen world. Bad things happen to both Christians and those who are not Christians. Sometimes it’s our fault and sometimes not.  The point today is that, in Christ, we can move on with our lives.  This does not mean that what happened does not matter or we should pretend it didn’t happen.  But, in Christ, we can find the strength to move beyond it.  Steven Curtis Chapman wrote a song “His Strength is Perfect”
 
“I can do all things .. Through Christ who gives me strength, .. But sometimes I wonder what He can do through me; .. No great success to show, No glory on my own, .. Yet in my weakness He is there to let me know . . . His strength is perfect when our strength is gone;..  He’ll carry us when we can’t carry on… Raised in His power, the weak become strong; .. His strength is perfect, His strength is perfect….We can only know .. The power that He holds .. When we truly see how deep our weakness goes; .. His strength in us begins .. Where ours comes to an end. .. He hears our humble cry and proves again ..”
 
2 Corinthians 12:9-10  And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness." Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.  Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ's sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: