Saturday, February 16, 2013

God and Gravity

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘When God sends His inspiration, it comes to us with such miraculous power that we are able to “arise from the dead” and do the impossible. The remarkable thing about spiritual initiative is that the life and power comes after we “get up and get going.” God does not give us overcoming life—He gives us life as we overcome. When the inspiration of God comes, and He says, “Arise from the dead . . . ,” we have to get ourselves up; God will not lift us up. Our Lord said to the man with the withered hand, “Stretch out your hand” (Matthew 12:13). As soon as the man did so, his hand was healed. But he had to take the initiative. If we will take the initiative to overcome, we will find that we have the inspiration of God, because He immediately gives us the power of life.’ CHAMBERS
 
God blesses us in our obedience .. in our demonstration of our faith by our actions. This is not about trying to be holy .. or good enough.  It is to say that we must act on what we know and trust God in the doing.  Then He shows up.  We need to stretch out our hand … even walk on the water … defy what our natural wisdom would tell us is insanity or frivolity because we live and walk by faith and not by sight. (2 Corinthians 5:7) I am amazed at what God does through me.  Someone commented on the work we are doing in Haiti .. and I told him that it is not me, it’s God.  I am in over my head.  God asks me to do things that I do not, personally, have the capacity to do.  But He does.  I am reminded almost daily that I have feet of clay.  But God is able to exceedingly, abundantly more than I can ask or think. (Ephesians 3:20)
 
The challenge for us Christians is to trust God … trust Him like we trust gravity. Do you think about gravity?  You absolutely depend upon it .. everything on this earth depends upon it .. actually in the universe …  But do you wonder if it going to be there if you do something?  Probably no.  Our goal should be to live our lives in a manner where we don’t even think about whether God will be with us .. but we live in confidence that He is .. and then He does something really cool.
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: