Sunday, November 25, 2012

Is He Calling You Out?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
Behold, as the eyes of servants look to the hand of their masters . . . , so our eyes look to the Lord our God . . . —Psalm 123:2
 
This verse is a description of total reliance on God. Just as the eyes of a servant are riveted on his master, our eyes should be directed to and focused on God. This is how knowledge of His countenance is gained and how God reveals Himself to us (see Isaiah 53:1). Our spiritual strength begins to be drained when we stop lifting our eyes to Him. Our stamina is sapped, not so much through external troubles surrounding us but through problems in our thinking. We wrongfully think, “I suppose I’ve been stretching myself a little too much, standing too tall and trying to look like God instead of being an ordinary humble person.” We have to realize that no effort can be too high. CHAMBERS
 
A good example of this is when Peter got out of the boat and walked to Jesus.  Peter acted out of faith  .. confidence in Jesus …that is until his flesh got the best of him … and he realized that what he was doing was impossible.  I find myself in that situation. I received a text from my sister in Illinois yesterday.  They were having a get together .. my sisters, my brother, and some of their children.  my brother told them that Martie and I were moving to Haiti and not coming back.  And so the text … “When were you going to tell us that you were living in Haiti forever?”  It was like a splash of cold water on my face.  It was like being asked the question “What are you  doing out of the boat? People can’t walk on water!”
 
Well actually they can, it just depends upon who they are with at the time.  God will take you places that you cannot go by yourself.  I received a phone call from Pastor Bichotte this morning.  He does not speak English.  He was telling me that I need to come to see him at 10:00 this morning.  I was able to stumble through the conversation, but all the while I was thinking .. I need a translator … I can’t do that by myself … but then I remembered my sister’s text and the Lord’s promise.  And I know, that it is time to get out of the boat.
 
How about you?  Is God calling you out?  Challenging you to go beyond what you or others think reasonable or even possible?  That is our God … yield to his call … keep your eyes fixed on Him and then step out ….
 
(BTW, I told my sister that we would not be here forever, only until God calls us home to heaven or to serve in another place)
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: