Saturday, November 3, 2012

I'm Just Passin' Through


My Utmost For His Highest
 
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me . . . —Galatians 2:20
 
‘These words mean the breaking and collapse of my independence brought about by my own hands, and the surrendering of my life to the supremacy of the Lord Jesus. No one can do this for me, I must do it myself. God may bring me up to this point three hundred and sixty-five times a year, but He cannot push me through it. It means breaking the hard outer layer of my individual independence from God, and the liberating of myself and my nature into oneness with Him; not following my own ideas, but choosing absolute loyalty to Jesus. […] The passion of Christianity comes from deliberately signing away my own rights and becoming a bondservant of Jesus Christ.[…] Will we allow Him to help Himself to us, or are we more concerned with our own ideas of what we are going to be?’ CHAMBERS
 
How do you view your life as a Christian? Do you think about the reflection of Christ in your life as you make decisions and act and do, every day? Or do you get up and get into the routine of life .. kids .. work .. whatever … and then think about your faith at a more convenient time .. when you are not so busy.  That is why I encourage you to start your day with God.  Get your focus right from the beginning.  It is true that you are in the world … but you are not of the world any more.
 
John 15:19 ‘If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I [Jesus] have chosen you out of the world.’
 
Romans 12:2Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.’
 
John 17:14-16 ‘I [Jesus] have given them your word and the world has hated them, for they are not of the world any more than I am of the world. My prayer is not that you take them out of the world but that you protect them from the evil one. They are not of the world, even as I am not of it. Sanctify them by the truth; your word is truth.'
 
Is that how you see your life as a Christian?  Do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit?  (1 Corinthians 6:19) You are changed … old things have passed away … (2 Corinthians 5:17) How do you engage life every day? With the awareness that you are a child of the Creator God? That you are an eternal being … you are immortal … I am not talking about this jar of clay that we inhabit .. but your eternal nature that should be a light to a dark world.  Walk in an awareness of who you are and let your light shine ….
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: