Saturday, August 4, 2012

Used By God

My Utmost For His Highest

‘Do you say, “But He has been unwise to choose me, because there is nothing good in me and I have no value”? That is exactly why He chose you. As long as you think that you are of value to Him He cannot choose you, because you have purposes of your own to serve. But if you will allow Him to take you to the end of your own self-sufficiency, then He can choose you to go with Him “to Jerusalem” (Luke 18:31). And that will mean the fulfillment of purposes which He does not discuss with you.’ CHAMBERS

I have often wondered by God chose me to do some of the things He has had me do.  When I was asked to lead Promise Keepers in Alabama .. I really struggled with it.  I had already figured out that God could best use someone who played football for Bear Bryant … not someone like me … But He gave me favor among the men in Alabama … As I served on the Gulf Coast or today here in Haiti, I wonder why He would use me to do what He has me doing.  Certainly there are others more qualified than I.  That is not false humility speaking … I know that God has gifted me in many ways .. but what He has Martie and me doing now is way beyond those giftings.

God provides the power to do what He has called us to do .. what we have to do is say ‘Yes’ and then walk in it.  He chooses us .. with all of our problems so He can be glorified through us.  John Wayne used the phrase .. That’s not brag .. just fact … God does not brag … He is God .. there is no other … He is the creator of all … no one can take credit and we should not give anyone else credit … when we worship other things .. we are giving them credit for what God has done.  The Word says He causes all things to work together (Romans 8:28) Just think about the complexities of working things together for His purposes … incalculable …. But He is God and we are not … Yet we play or can play a part in that working out … if we will yield to His will and walk in the way He shows us.

To say God can’t use you is to say that there is something God can’t do … and there is nothing that God cannot do … or said another way .. God can do anything .. He is God … for us to say that is really to say .. I don’t want to do it.  This life Martie and I are living is more than we ever imagined.  We thank God for calling us to it .. and pray that you will yield your life to Him .. whether He sends you to Haiti or keeps you right where you are … Live for Him … and let your light shine

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: