Sunday, August 26, 2012

Looking For Peace in All the Wrong Places

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Are you severely troubled right now? Are you afraid and confused by the waves and the turbulence God sovereignly allows to enter your life? Have you left no stone of your faith unturned, yet still not found any well of peace, joy, or comfort? Does your life seem completely barren to you? Then look up and receive the quiet contentment of the Lord Jesus. Reflecting His peace is proof that you are right with God, because you are exhibiting the freedom to turn your mind to Him. If you are not right with God, you can never turn your mind anywhere but on yourself. Allowing anything to hide the face of Jesus Christ from you either causes you to become troubled or gives you a false sense of security.’ CHAMBERS
 
John 14:27  ‘Peace I leave with you, My peace I give to you; not as the world gives do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.’
 
John 16:33  ‘These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
 
We all face difficult times at some point in our lives .. some more than others.  Maybe it’s the death of a family member, a severe illness or physical malady, a broken heart, the list goes on, doesn’t it.  Jesus said that we will have tribulation … adversity … But!   He has given us something that will help us through that difficult time .. His peace.
 
Philippians 4:6-7  Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;  (7)  and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus
 
You see, our capacity to face difficult times is not because we have some inner strength that we can summon up ,, like pushing yourself to run that last mile … but on our willingness to look to Jesus as the source of our peace … to be at peace does not mean that we like what is happening  .. but that we trust God in the midst of it happening.
 
Psalms 43:5  Why are you cast down, O my soul? And why are you disquieted within me? Hope in God; For I shall yet praise Him, The help of my countenance and my God.
 
And let your light shine before all men
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: