Monday, January 21, 2013

When I First Believed

My Utmost For His Highest

God is saying to His people, “You are not in love with Me now, but I remember a time when you were.” He says, “I remember . . . the love of your betrothal . . .” (Jeremiah 2:2). Am I as filled to overflowing with love for Jesus Christ as I was in the beginning, when I went out of my way to prove my devotion to Him? Does He ever find me pondering the time when I cared only for Him? Is that where I am now, or have I chosen man’s wisdom over true love for Him? Am I so in love with Him that I take no thought for where He might lead me? Or am I watching to see how much respect I get as I measure how much service I should give Him?’ CHAMBERS
 
“Take me back, take me back dear Lord To the place where I first believed you.
Take me back, take me back dear Lord Where I first believed.
 
(Verse)
 
I feel that I'm so far from you Lord But still I hear you calling me
Those simple things that I once knew, The memories are drawing me.
I must confess, Lord I've been blessed But yet my soul's not satisfied.
Renew my faith, restore my joy And dry my weeping eyes.” Andrae Crouch
 
Do you remember when you first believed in Jesus?  I do.  My life was so different.  I had in satiable thirst for the Word of God.  Everything seemed new.  How was it for you?  Do you remember when the glory started to fade?  When your excitement began to ebb and you settled into a more “reasonable - moderate” way of living the Christian life?  What would it take to get back that spark?  Only by intentionally seeking Him … like losing weight, it doesn’t happen by imagining it.  You actually have to do something.  It is not as far away as you might think …
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: