Monday, January 7, 2013

Knowing You Jesus

My Utmost For His Highest

[…] The bearing of fruit is always shown in Scripture to be the visible result of an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ (see John 15:1-4). Once we get intimate with Jesus we are never lonely and we never lack for understanding or compassion. […] The Christian who is truly intimate with Jesus will never draw attention to himself but will only show the evidence of a life where Jesus is completely in control. This is the outcome of allowing Jesus to satisfy every area of life to its depth. The picture resulting from such a life is that of the strong, calm balance that our Lord gives to those who are intimate with Him.’ CHAMBERS
 
John 15:5-8  “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers; such branches are picked up, thrown into the fire and burned. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. This is to my Father’s glory, that you bear much fruit, showing yourselves to be my disciples.”
 
Galatians 5:22-23  “the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self-control.”
 
The important things in life that we seek are found in Jesus.  The world says that they are found through the offerings of the world, but we all know that is not true.  Anything that the world offers is fleeting and very often leads to pain and sorrow.   Our life in Christ is not merely the moment we accept Him as Lord, but is an abiding relationship that should grow deeper every day.  There is a vast difference between thinking about someone and spending time with them. It is by spending time with Jesus that your relationship will deepen.
 
Knowing You.  “All I once held dear, built my life upon.  All the world reveres and wars to own. All I once thought gain I have counted loss.  Spent and worthless now, compared to this.  Knowing you Jesus, knowing you.  There is no better thing.  Your my all, you’re the best.  You are my joy, my righteousness.  And I love you Lord.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: