Monday, January 28, 2013

Staying Connected

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Is the Word of God tremendously penetrating and sharp in me as I hand it on to you, or does my life betray the things I profess to teach? I may teach sanctification and yet exhibit the spirit of Satan, the very spirit that persecutes Jesus Christ. The Spirit of Jesus is conscious of only one thing— a perfect oneness with the Father. And He tells us, “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls” (Matthew 11:29). All I do should be based on a perfect oneness with Him, not on a self-willed determination to be godly. This will mean that others may use me, go around me, or completely ignore me, but if I will submit to it for His sake, I will prevent Jesus Christ from being persecuted.’ CHAMBERS
 
I am very aware that the devotions I write are sometimes piercing, may sometimes seem harsh .. but I must tell you that they are just as piercing and harsh for me.  I share what the Lord tells me .. what He sees in my heart … All of us are on a journey.  The path is steep … and requires sure footing.  Our tendency is to stray.  God has given us His Word and Spirit to show us and teach us.  All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness, so that the servant of God may be thoroughly equipped for every good work.” 2 Timothy 3:16-17
 
Since scripture is spiritual it requires God’s Spirit for understanding.  I know that many reading this  .. know this .. but we so easily forget this as we live out our lives day to day.  We forget that we must stay connected to the Vine every day.  “No branch can bear fruit by itself; it must remain in the vine. Neither can you bear fruit unless you remain in me. Jesus said , “I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. If you do not remain in me, you are like a branch that is thrown away and withers … “ John 15:4-6
 
The straying begins with a thought like, ‘I don’t have time today .. but I’m good .. I will get back to it tomorrow” As Christians we are totally dependent upon our constant connection with Jesus.
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: