Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Is Your Life Open to God?

My Utmost For His Highest
 
The most important rule for us is to concentrate on keeping our lives open to God. Let everything else including work, clothes, and food be set aside. The busyness of things obscures our concentration on God. We must maintain a position of beholding Him, keeping our lives completely spiritual through and through. Let other things come and go as they will; let other people criticize us as they will; but never allow anything to obscure the life that “is hidden with Christ in God” (Colossians 3:3). Never let a hurried lifestyle disturb the relationship of abiding in Him. This is an easy thing to allow, but we must guard against it. The most difficult lesson of the Christian life is learning how to continue “beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord . . . .” CHAMBERS
 
Is your life open to God?  Or, have you relegated Him to a couple hours a week?  We are to abide in Him.  There is a song .. “Be the Center”  'Jesus be the Center.  Be my source be my light.  Be my hope be my song.  Be the fire in my heart.  Be the wind in these sails.  Be the reason that I live.  Be my vision.  Be My path. Be my guide.  Jesus'
 
To enjoy the blessings that are ours, we must have a constant connection with the Lord.  Life’s issues can crowd Him out.  For a Christian that is equivalent to cutting off someone’s air supply.  The quality of our new life in Christ is totally dependent upon our abiding in Him.
 
Let this be your heart’s song and prayer …
 
Abide With Me.  Henry F. Lyte, 1847
 
  1. Abide with me; fast falls the eventide;
    The darkness deepens; Lord, with me abide;
    When other helpers fail and comforts flee,
    Help of the helpless, oh, abide with me.
  2. Swift to its close ebbs out life’s little day;
    Earth’s joys grow dim, its glories pass away;
    Change and decay in all around I see—
    O Thou who changest not, abide with me.
  3. I need Thy presence every passing hour;
    What but Thy grace can foil the tempter’s pow’r?
    Who, like Thyself, my guide and stay can be?
    Through cloud and sunshine, Lord, abide with me.
  4. I fear no foe, with Thee at hand to bless;
    Ills have no weight, and tears no bitterness;
    Where is death’s sting? Where, grave, thy victory?
    I triumph still, if Thou abide with me.
  5. Hold Thou Thy cross before my closing eyes;
    Shine through the gloom and point me to the skies;
    Heav’n’s morning breaks, and earth’s vain shadows flee;
    In life, in death, O Lord, abide with me.
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: