Thursday, February 9, 2023

A God-Incident

 "And who knows whether you have not attained royalty for such a time as this?” - Esther 4:14

I know that you are familiar with the term "co-incident". Two or more incidents that occur at the same time but are not necessarily related to each other. One did not happen because the other did. Random events - unrelated to each other. Well, there is something that I refer to as a God-incident. The distinction is that its occurrence could not have been planned. That the probability of it occurring is, well, improbable. But it happened anyway. I am about to tell you about one.

You know that we are in Florida following the call of God. It is the 5th time that God has called us out of where we were to a new place to accomplish His purposes.  Right now we are setting up our base of operations. It has not been without its challenges.  And, frankly, we have been asking God if we had heard Him correctly. Today we received a resounding "Yes!"

Mandi is getting her RV setup. She came to the door of our RV and told me that there was someone outside in a truck and I should come out to see if they were looking for me. So I did.  Actually the guys were looking at some damaged electrical equipment that occurred during the Hurricane.

I introduced myself and was talking to a man named Tom Haberkorn.  I thought that I had heard that name before but dismissed the thought. I soon discovered that Tom was a deacon at a local Baptist church and he gave me his card. I gave him mine. Co-incidentally, Martie had mentioned that she had wanted to attend his church when we drove past it earlier that week. I told Tom we would come to the church on Sunday. 

Later in the day, I got a text from Tom saying he had called his son to see if he knew us. It seems Tom's wife, Debbie, remembered my name when Tom told her about meeting me. His son, Tom, said yes. It seems that Tom, the dad, and Debbie had sat in one of the Sunday School classes that we taught at Gateway Baptist Montgomery, AL in 2015 or 2016. His son, Tom and his wife Jennifer were members of our class. And that is the God-incident. We had not asked for a sign, but we got one anyway - by the grace of God.  Yes, we are supposed to be here.

Experiencing God - Reality or Principle #4 - God speaks! He speaks by the Spirit through His Word, prayer, circumstances - or incidents, and other Believers.  For us we are hearing God Lima Charlie - Licken Chicken - Loud and Clear!  

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: