Wednesday, December 21, 2022

Born To Be Wild

"For there is no difference; for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, being justified freely by His grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus, whom God set forth as a [h]propitiation by His blood, through faith, to demonstrate His righteousness, because in His forbearance God had passed over the sins that were previously committed" - Romans 3;22-25

Every man and woman is born into sin - born to be wild if you will. An enemy of God. A child of the god of this world - who is the Devil. Sound extreme to you? Hyper religious? It's neither - it is truth. We live in a time where people embrace sin as if it is not sin. They condemn those who refuse to agree as evil themselves. Do you remember the story about the Emperor's new clothes a story by Hans Christian Andersen? His tailor convinced him that he was wearing beautiful clothes. Everyone feared the Emperor so no one would tell him that he was parading about in his underwear. Go along to get along. Well, the Emperor was so impressed that he held a parade so all could see and marvel at his new threads.  As he passed by the crowds, his subjects cheered and raved over his clothes.  Then a little boy pointed his finger at the Emperor saying, "Look! He doesn't have any clothes on!" 

"And even as they did not like to retain God in their knowledge, God gave them over to a debased mind, to do those things which are not fitting; being filled with all unrighteousness, sexual immorality, wickedness, covetousness, maliciousness; full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, evil-mindedness; they are whisperers, backbiters, haters of God, violent, proud, boasters, inventors of evil things, disobedient to parents, undiscerning, untrustworthy, unloving, unforgiving, unmerciful; who, knowing the righteous judgment of God, that those who practice such things are deserving of death, not only do the same but also approve of those who practice them." - Romans 1:28-32

Just because you are told that sin is not sin does not make it true. What people do and believe must be measured against God's declared truth. You know how hard it is to not sin. It is impossible apart from the power of God. 

"For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.  I find then a law, that evil is present with me, the one who wills to do good. For I delight in the law of God according to the inward man. But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members. O wretched man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death? I thank God—through Jesus Christ our Lord!" - Romans 7:18-25

Rather than yield by faith to that truth and embrace Jesus, people would just as soon convince themselves that they are "wearing beautiful clothes". In other words, they seek to redefine Truth and condemn those who say otherwise. The little boy did not understand the pressures that others felt to go along with the lie. He just called it like he saw it. The bare truth if you will pardon the pun. 

My encouragement to you is to see things as they really are. To be willing to say something is sin, even when your culture is shouting that it is not. That does not mean you throw the baby out with the bathwater. Reject the sin and love the sinner. Why should you? God does that's why. You don't have to be hateful in rejecting sin - although you might be accused of being hateful. The reason is that what you are living out is spiritual and the natural - lost - person cannot understand spiritual things.

"These things we also speak, not in words which man’s wisdom teaches but which the Holy Spirit teaches, comparing spiritual things with spiritual. But the natural man does not receive the things of the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him; nor can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." - 1 Corinthians 2:13-14

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: