Wednesday, November 21, 2018

When It Has All Been said and Done


We are traveling to Phoenix, Arizona for Thanksgiving with our son, his wife and my brother and his family. On the way we stopped in El Paso for the night.  *It is a 11 hour drive from Houston, TX  to El Paso, Tx!). Martie wanted to go to a restaurant that we frequented when we were assigned here 30 years ago with the 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment – Aviation Squadron.  Listen I am a person who runs at full steam ahead.  God points me in a direction and I go.  I don’t think much about time and how much has elapsed.  But today, I did. 

Don Moen wrote a song – “When It’s All Been Said and Done”.  One verse says “When it’s all been said and done – there is just one thing that matters,  Did I live my life and live for truth – Did I live my life for You?”  Most of my years on this planet are gone – I am on the back side of the life span curve. How am I going to spend what is remaining.  Will I live for God or put the events of my life on the shelf – and the memories framed on a wall.  Or will I continue to serve God in the way He shows me with the capacity – health and finances that He has given me?  I know the right answer – I want to live the right answer.  I want to fulfill my God-given purpose in my generation (Acts 13:36) “After David fulfilled God’s purpose in his generation, he (David) slept with his fathers  I often use that verse to explain the inexplicable – why I didn’t die when I should have – why I survived what should not have been survivable.  It was for God’s glory not my longevity.  That is OK with me.  Would it be OK with you?

Why am I writing this today?  Because I want to encourage you to consider your life. How you are living it and who you are living it for. How are you spending your life?  Spend it well.  Spend it on what will last.  You are a child of the King – the creator God.  Use your life to bring glory to Him.   CHARLEY 

No comments: