Sunday, July 22, 2018

Are You In A Pit Of Despair? That Is The Place Where Faith Is Waiting

(I wrote this in February 2018 in my journal. Thought I would share it)

As I watch so many people struggle with the issues of life - the thought about the importance of faith and living by comes to me.  So much of our attitude about life is dependent upon what happens to us and around us.  Our plans fail.  We suffer loss and are disappointed.  That disappointment often leads to depression which then leads to desperation.  But, it is in that place where Faith is waiting.  A title comes to mind - "Struggling In The Pit Of Despair - The Place Where Faith Is Waiting."

To have faith  and hope in the midst of crisis makes no earthly sense.  But, the pre-condition for faith is not that it makes sense. Confidence, hope and peace resulting through faith will always stand in defiance of common sense, what is reasonable, and within human understanding.

The substance of faith is found in a relationship with the Creator God through Jesus Christ.  That is as certain as the fact that gravity will keep you connected to this earth and you will not float into  space when you leave the house. Once you are able to grasp that -  to embrace it - to apply it - to make it part of you - the result will be peace in the midst of any storm that might come your way.  And the storms will come!

John 16:33 "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world." Know Jesus, Know Peace. No Jesus, No Peace

No comments: