Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Powered By The Spirit - You Can't Live Your New Life On Your Own

My Utmost For His Highest
 
We do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered. —Romans 8:26
 
“When we are born again of God and are indwelt by the Spirit of God, He expresses for us the unutterable. “He,” the Holy Spirit in you, “makes intercession for the saints according to the will of God” (Romans 8:27). And God searches your heart, not to know what your conscious prayers are, but to find out what the prayer of the Holy Spirit is. The Spirit of God uses the nature of the believer as a temple in which to offer His prayers of intercession. “…your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit…” […] Have we come to realize that our “body is the temple of the Holy Spirit”? If so, we must be careful to keep it undefiled for Him. We have to remember that our conscious life, even though only a small part of our total person, is to be regarded by us as a “temple of the Holy Spirit.”” CHAMBERS
 
(John 14:26) Jesus said, “But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name, He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.” We needed a Spiritual transplant to live our new life. In Ephesians 1 it says we are sealed with the Holy Spirit. In our day to day living, we are personally unaware of the presence and work of the Holy Spirit in us.  Others can see the impact of His presence in us. (Romans 8:1) “There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.”  We often quote the first part of this verse and ignore the second part.  We tend to minimize the importance of the role of the Spirit in our lives and think of our new life in terms of what we can personally do to be holy, to live right. 
 
When we are born again, we receive the Spirit.  If receiving the Spirit was not important to our new birth, why would it happen at all?  I don’t pretend to understand it.  I mean if I had surgery and the doctor looked inside, he would not see the Spirit in me.  That is because this is a spiritual fact not a physical one.  But the manifestation of the Spirit in my life should be evident to those I meet.  A transformed life.  No longer conformed to this world, but transformed by faith and the work of the Spirit in me.  I don’t have to understand how I can press on these keys and there are words formed on the screen in front of me.  But I press them and see the words that were in my mind appear on the screen and use that capability to tell the world about Jesus.  Let the Spirit do His work in you, let your light shine and tell the world about Jesus through your transformed life. ELGIN

No comments: