Thursday, November 10, 2016

Being Faithful In The Place God Has Put You.

My Utmost For His Highest
 
…fellow laborer in the gospel of Christ… —1 Thessalonians 3:2
 
“After sanctification, it is difficult to state what your purpose in life is, because God has moved you into His purpose through the Holy Spirit. He is using you now for His purposes throughout the world as He used His Son for the purpose of our salvation. […] God is using me from His great personal perspective, and all He asks of me is that I trust Him. […] When I stop telling God what I want, He can freely work His will in me without any hindrance. He can crush me, exalt me, or do anything else He chooses. He simply asks me to have absolute faith in Him and His goodness. Self-pity is of the devil, and if I wallow in it I cannot be used by God for His purpose in the world.” CHAMBERS
 
I realize that the majority of the people that read what I write live what they would consider “normal” lives.  You don’t preach, maybe don’t teach, and you don’t live in a remote village on the plains of an African savannah. The people that Peter, Paul, and the others wrote to were just like you.  Yet, they were encouraged, just like you, as fellow laborers.  It doesn’t matter where you live, what you do, we all have the same basic purpose as Christians, to live our lives in such a way that God is glorified and Jesus is magnified. That people will see Jesus in every nook and cranny in our lives.  Not comparing ourselves to each other, but identifying with our Lord and living in obedience to the revelation given us by the Holy Spirit.
 
You should not say, “Oh I am not like him or I am not like her.”  It does not matter what your place is in this world or even what your position is in the Body of Christ.  (1 Corinthians 12:15-17) “If the foot says, “Because I am not a hand, I am not a part of the body,” it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body. And if the ear says, “Because I am not an eye, I am not a part of the body,” it is not for this reason any the less a part of the body. If the whole body were an eye, where would the hearing be? If the whole were hearing, where would the sense of smell be?” What matters is that you have an eternal purpose in Christ and an eternal place in the heavenlies.  You have already been blessed with every spiritual blessing in Christ Jesus. (Ephesians 1:3-4)  “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places in Christ, just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we would be holy and blameless before Him.” What you need to do is walk out your new life, fulfill your purpose, and glorify God in every way, every day.  Trust me, that will keep you both busy and blessed.  ELGIN

No comments: