Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Look To The Hills

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘the Father’s love is evidence that our union with Jesus is complete and absolute. Our Lord does not mean that our lives will be free from external difficulties and uncertainties, but that just as He knew the Father’s heart and mind, we too can be lifted by Him into heavenly places through the baptism of the Holy Spirit, so that He can reveal the teachings of God to us.’ CHAMBERS
 
When you are struggling with life, yo need to look up.  Look unto the hills from whence your help cometh (Psalm 121).  That was my grandma Elgin’s favorite psalm.  I didn’t know that until her life on this earth was nearly over.  Now whenever I reference it, I think of her and of her quiet influence when I was a small boy.  The Haitians have a proverb .. Dye Mon gen Mon which means behind a mountain is another mountain ... but I tell them ... I look to the hills for my help ... and with faith as small as a mustard seed, I can cast those mountains into the sea!
 
Christian, God really is sufficient in any circumstance.  He is the creator God … everything starts with Him.  Why wouldn’t we want to put our trust in Him?  Why wouldn’t we seek His counsel when we are face with life’s challenges.  Remember Whose you are.  Let God be glorified through you as you walk in the valley.  Let the people around you see that God is real .. your faith has value … and they need Him.  Bring glory to God by the way you live this life …
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: