Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Take My Heart Lord ...

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Never disregard a conviction that the Holy Spirit brings to you. If it is important enough for the Spirit of God to bring it to your mind, it is the very thing He is detecting in you. You were looking for some big thing to give up, while God is telling you of some tiny thing that must go. But behind that tiny thing lies the stronghold of obstinacy, and you say, “I will not give up my right to myself”— the very thing that God intends you to give up if you are to be a disciple of Jesus Christ.’ CHAMBERS
 
Do you know when the Holy Spirit is speaking to you?  I think so.  How do you respond?  Like the rebellious child .. who wants what they want and resists correction? Or do you say “Yes Lord!”
 
“For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, boasters, proud, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, unholy, unloving, unforgiving, slanderers, without self-control, brutal, despisers of good, traitors, headstrong, haughty, lovers of pleasure rather than lovers of God, having a form of godliness but denying its power. And from such people turn away! “ (2 Timothy 3:2-5 NKJV)
 
This is not a new problem.  Paul spent a good deal of his time encouraging the new Christians to walk in the Spirit and not after the flesh.  It is in the Bible because it is a problem.  We all struggle with doing what we know is right.  It is a decision for us to obey every day.  Make this your prayer …..
 
“Prone to wander, Lord I feel it.  Prone to leave the One I love.  Here is my heart, take and seal it.  Seal it for Thy courts above.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: