Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Laying Your Nets Down

My Utmost For His Highest
 
“A missionary is someone in whom the Holy Spirit has brought about this realization: “You are not your own” (1 Corinthians 6:19). To say, “I am not my own,” is to have reached a high point in my spiritual stature. The true nature of that life in actual everyday confusion is evidenced by the deliberate giving up of myself to another Person through a sovereign decision, and that Person is Jesus Christ. […] If anyone comes to Me and does not hate his father and mother, wife and children, brothers and sisters, yes, and his own life also, he cannot be My disciple” (Luke 14:26). He was not saying that this person cannot be good and upright, but that he cannot be someone over whom Jesus can write the word Mine. Any one of the relationships our Lord mentions in this verse can compete with our relationship with Him. [You] may prefer to belong to [your] mother, or to [your] wife [or husband], or to [yourself], but if that is the case, then, Jesus said, “[You] cannot be My disciple.” This does not mean that I will not be saved, but it does mean that I cannot be entirely His.’ CHAMBERS
 
People marvel at the life of a missionary .. but especially it seems at the “nets” the missionary laid down to follow Jesus.  Personally, I think they marvel because they are not willing to do the same.  When a person mentions the “sacrifices” we have made to serve, what I think is that the Lord has spoken to them  .. told them to lay their nets down and they said “no”.  Why do we idolize athletes and others who are so talented .. because, in our hearts, we wish we could be like them.  Has the Lord spoken to you?  You don’t have to go to Haiti or Uzbekistan to follow Jesus.  The following is a condition of the heart … Give it all to Jesus … And where He takes you Bondye Konnen (the Lord knows) .. but it will be good .. I promise.
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: