Monday, July 15, 2013

Nicodemus Knocking

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘As a saint, my life’s spiritual honor and duty is to fulfill my debt to Christ in relation to these lost souls. Every tiny bit of my life that has value I owe to the redemption of Jesus Christ. Am I doing anything to enable Him to bring His redemption into evident reality in the lives of others? I will only be able to do this as the Spirit of God works into me this sense of indebtedness. […]Quit praying about yourself and spend your life for the sake of others as the bondservant of Jesus. That is the true meaning of being broken bread and poured-out wine in real life.’ CHAMBERS
 
Do you feel an obligation to tell others about Jesus or do you dread it?  Are you focused on what their response might be towards you and avoid the conversation?  I preached at a Haitian church yesterday and talked to the Christians about being ready when Nicodemus knocks on your door.  Are you ready to tell people about Jesus .. about being born again .. or are you hoping that you won’t be put in that situation?  How you feel about it reveals where you are spiritually.  Do you think your salvation is simply for you?  Or do you believe that God has empowered you, expecting you to tell others.  You know you can’t save anyone .. but you can tell them about Jesus … that is your part.  The problem is that if Jesus is not important to you … if He is not the priority in your life … then you will likely avoid any discussions about Him.  The Bible says .. be ready (1 Peter 3:15) .. know the Gospel and stay connected to the Vine …. you never know when God will bring Nicodemus to your door …
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: