Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Jesus is more than a thought

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Discipleship means personal, passionate devotion to a Person— our Lord Jesus Christ. There is a vast difference between devotion to a person and devotion to principles or to a cause. Our Lord never proclaimed a cause— He proclaimed personal devotion to Himself. To be a disciple is to be a devoted bondservant motivated by love for the Lord Jesus. Many of us who call ourselves Christians are not truly devoted to Jesus Christ. No one on earth has this passionate love for the Lord Jesus unless the Holy Spirit has given it to him. We may admire, respect, and revere Him, but we cannot love Him on our own. The only One who truly loves the Lord Jesus is the Holy Spirit, and it is He who has “poured out in our hearts” the very “love of God” (Romans 5:5).’
 
Our relationship with Jesus is often described as that of a marriage.  Martie and I have been married nearly 42 years.  What I have noticed is that the longer we are married the more we think alike .. Not just agree … Many times we will be having a conversation with someone .. a thought will come to my mind and before I can speak it, Martie is saying exactly what I was about to say.  It is really amazing when you think about it … as if our minds are linked by some invisible data cable …. That is how it is supposed to be with our Lord.  We are to have the mind of Christ.  (Philippians 1:27 CEV) “Above all else, you must live in a way that brings honor to the good news about Christ. Then, whether I visit you or not, I will hear that all of you think alike. I will know that you are working together and that you are struggling side by side to get others to believe the good news.”
 
The only way that you will do this is if you spend time with Jesus.
 
“I come to the garden alone, while the dew is still on the roses; And the voice I hear, falling on my ear, the Son of God discloses.
 
He speaks and the sound of His voice is so sweet the birds hush their singing. And the melody that He gave to me within my heart is ringing.
 
And He walks with me and He talks with me And He tells me I am His own And the joy we share as we tarry there, None other has ever known. “  I COME TO THE GARDEN ALONE -- Austin Miles
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: