Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Having "More Than" A Form Of Godliness

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘I may teach sanctification and yet exhibit the spirit of Satan, the very spirit that persecutes Jesus Christ. The Spirit of Jesus is conscious of only one thing— a perfect oneness with the Father. And He tells us, “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and lowly in heart, and you will find rest for your souls” (Matthew 11:29). All I do should be based on a perfect oneness with Him, not on a self-willed determination to be godly. This will mean that others may use me, go around me, or completely ignore me,[…]’ CHAMBERS
 
The belief that I can be good .. that I can live my new life in Christ through self-effort is perhaps the greatest deception that a Christian will face.  How is that we acknowledge that only Jesus can save us and then live as though we have the ability to be righteous on our own.  Galatians 2:20 says … it’s not me who is the source of power in my new life, but Jesus.  2 Timothy 3 tells us about people who have a form of godliness but deny the power of godliness.  We can easily find ourselves in the same condition if we don’t abide in Jesus.  Bottom line, we cannot live this life successfully on our own power or persistence .. but only by the power of God in us.
 
A song sung by Dale Evans .. the wife of Roy Rogers … (you may have never heard of these people) both were Christian movie and television stars … when television promoted biblical principles through regular programming …. “Have faith, hope, and charity.  That’s the way to live successfully.  How do I know?  The Bible tells me so.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: