Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Give Credit Where Credit Is Due

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Have I been persecuting Jesus by an eager determination to serve Him in my own way? […]  My way will not be to foster a meek and quiet spirit, only the spirit of self-satisfaction. We presume that whatever is unpleasant is our duty! Is that anything like the spirit of our Lord— “I delight to do Your will, O my God . . .” (Psalm 40:8).’ CHAMBERS
 
Serving is a good thing … Serving is focusing on others and not yourself.  The second greatest commandment and clearly the heart of God.  But, it is possible to subvert that service and make it something that you find gain in.  It is not so much for the benefit of others, but instead it becomes something in which you find personal affirmation. The reason you do it is not because you feel compelled by the Lord to do it, but your actions are motivated by your need to receive recognition … or feel OK about yourself …
 
When and if that happens, you rob God of His glory.  You usurp His position in your life and claim the throne for yourself.  Sound radical or harsh .. the truth often seems that way.  We must be on our guard against this.  The chief end of man … is to glorify God and enjoy Him forever.  Is that your chief end … your ultimate purpose … so give credit where credit is due …
 
“I will serve you, because I love you.  You have given life to me.  I was nothing until You found me, You have given life to me.  Heartache, broken pieces, ruined lives are why You died on Calvary. Your touch is what I long for, You have given life to me.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: