Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Walk In The Garden

My Utmost For His Highest
 
“Once we get intimate with Jesus we are never lonely and we never lack for understanding or compassion. We can continually pour out our hearts to Him without being perceived as overly emotional or pitiful. The Christian who is truly intimate with Jesus will never draw attention to himself but will only show the evidence of a life where Jesus is completely in control. This is the outcome of allowing Jesus to satisfy every area of life to its depth. The picture resulting from such a life is that of the strong, calm balance that our Lord gives to those who are intimate with Him.” CHAMBERS
 
When you prayed to receive Christ in your life, did you realize that the relationship that was formed was the most important relationship in your life?  Or was it an event, like getting a diploma after graduation.  I get email from a web based service that connects high school classmates.  I thought it would be interesting to see what some of my old friends were doing, until I realized , Duh!, that the service was a fee for service site. In order to find out about other classmates, I would have to pay. The point being that I really don’t feel a compulsion to spend money to refresh memories with friends from the “good old days”.  I just doesn’t mean that much to me.  In the same way, even though we are Christians, having a continuous, day to day, intimate relationship with Jesus, can be like that.  It just doesn’t mean that much.  We are not willing to “spend” our resources to keep the relationship fresh.  Big mistake!
 
It is through our relationship with Jesus that we can enjoy the blessings of God.  Where the fruit of His Spirit will become real and not just a list that we can rattle off or post on the wall.  I have quoted this before … “Do you believe that what you believe is really real” TRUTH PROJECT
 
If you do, you must be intentional about maintaining your relationship with Jesus. It just doesn’t happen by itself.
 
“I come to the garden alone.  While the dew is still on the roses.  And the voice I hear falling on my ear, the Son of God discloses.  And He walks with me and He talks with me. And He tells me I am His own. And the joy we share as we tarry there, none other has ever known.” In The Garden
 
How long has it been since you took a walk in the garden?
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: