Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Don't Try To Do Something For God Without God

"He who believes in Me…out of his heart will flow rivers of living water." —John 7:38

"A river reaches places which its source never knows. And Jesus said that, if we have received His fullness, “rivers of living water” will flow out of us, reaching in blessing even “to the end of the earth” (Acts 1:8) regardless of how small the visible effects of our lives may appear to be. We have nothing to do with the outflow— “This is the work of God, that you believe…” (John 6:29). God rarely allows a person to see how great a blessing he is to others. If you believe in Jesus, you will find that God has developed and nourished in you mighty, rushing rivers of blessing for others." - Oswald Chambers, My Utmost For His Highest

God will never call you to anything where there are not obstacles that are too high for you to overcome on your own.  Our purpose is to bring glory to God not to ourselves.  I was talking to a teller at the bank some time ago.  I was drawing out money from our savings account to take with us on our trip to Houston, TX where we believed God is calling us to help.  That was in 2017. We are in Houston still today. I told the teller that I wanted $20’s so they would be easier to change out and if someone needed money, I would prefer to give them a $20 and not a $100 dollar bill.  (Although if the Spirit prompted me to give them more, I would.)  In Haiti I always carried Haitian money in my shirt pocket for just such an encounter. Anyway, she thanked me for Martie and I going to Texas but I told her to give thanks to God for calling His people to go.  Martie and I faced a number of obstacles to our going.  God knew that.  He was not surprised.  We were trusting Him to overcome .. to make the way.  Where God guides, God provides.  

"And He [Jesus] said to me [Paul], “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.”  - 2 Corinthians 12:9

Listen, there is a BIG difference between walking by faith knowing God has called you and going and doing based upon the emotion of the moment. I have known people who have done both. The weight of God's calling is too much for us to bear on our own. You cannot do anything for God without God.  If we had not sensed that God was calling us and would be with us, we would not have left the house.  And neither should you.  But, if it is God then don’t worry about the obstacles, but, instead, trust in God’s sovereignty and power.  Like Jesus said to the disciples in the boat after they roused Him form his sleep and He calmed the storm … “Where  is  your faith?”  Are you trembling at the sight of the obstacles before you?  Do you fear what might happen if you cross the “river” like He said to do in the face of the obstacles that loom large before you?  God never blesses you without first seeing your obedience to His revealed will for your life.  The river Jordan did not back up until they stepped into the water.  So come on in .. the water’s fine and God is faithful! (Bondye Fidel)

Think about it – Pray about it – Believe it – Walk in it. Let your light shine and give God the glory.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone



No comments: