Tuesday, February 11, 2020

You Are A Promise . .You Are a Possibility .. With A Capital "P"


“…so that I may finish my race with joy, and the ministry which I received from the Lord Jesus…” —Acts 20:24

 “Joy comes from seeing the complete fulfillment of the specific purpose for which I was created and born again, not from successfully doing something of my own choosing. The joy our Lord experienced came from doing what the Father sent Him to do. And He says to us, “As the Father has sent Me, I also send you” (John 20:21). […] “Do you love Me?” Then, “Feed My sheep” (John 21:17). He is not offering us a choice of how we can serve Him; He is asking for absolute loyalty to His commission, a faithfulness to what we discern when we are in the closest possible fellowship with God.”  Oswald Chambers,  My Utmost For His Highest

Martie and I recently attended a concert put on by the Gaither Vocal Band, led by Bill Gaither.  I was reminded how our children “cut their teeth” on Bill and Gloria Gaither songs when they were in grade school.  We still love their music. As many of you know Bill and Gloria Gaither are prolific song writers having written more than 600 Gospel songs. Gloria contributed the lyrics to classics like "Because He Lives," "Something About That Name," and "The King Is Coming." Twenty of their songs have received Dove Awards. So my point is not to promote their music but to make this point. I can remember our kids singing “I am a promise along with the cassette tape” Some of you might have to Google “cassette tape”

I am a promise, I am a possibility.  I am a promise with a capital “P”.  I am a great big bunch of potentiality.  And if I listen, I can hear God’s voice, And if I listen, He will help me make the right choice.  I am a promise to be, anything God wants me to be! “I Am A  Promise”  Gaithers, 1973

We all are a Promise and a Possibility because of our faith in Jesus. All of us have a place and purpose in the Body of Christ.  We each have a part in the playing out of God’s purpose for His creation.  To fulfill that purpose, our potential, we must be faithful and obedient.  We must be willing to serve where He plants our feet and go when He says go and do what He says do.  In whatever capacity that God has shaped us for.  You don’t have to be a preacher, missionary or evangelist to serve God.  But you may be.  The point is that you are proclaimer of God’s message to the world.  John 3:16.   John 14:6 (look those up if you don’t have them memorized already).  Housewife, husband, student, son, daughter, brother, sister, dad, mom … butcher .. baker .. candlestick maker … it doesn’t matter … you are part of the Body of Christ.  Live faithfully and let your life shout out to the world … “JESUS SAVES”!

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: