Thursday, February 20, 2020

Going Back To The Day You Believed


And Thomas answered and said to Him, ‘My Lord and my God!’ Jesus said to him, ‘Thomas, because you have seen Me, you have believed. Blessed are those who have not seen and yet have believed.’”  – John 20:28-29

Do you remember the day – the moment that you surrendered your life by faith to Jesus? When you realized that Jesus is who He claims to be. Do you? Some people remember the day and the hour – not just the circumstances when they were born again. Do you remember the feeling of release from the burden of sin? Do you remember the hunger, like a new born baby, for the Word of God – manna from heaven – the only thing that could satisfy you? So how is that working for you now?

Our faith walk is not about emotion – although it can be emotional – it is about faithfulness – a steadfast faith – that is not based upon even our present circumstance. If it were a conditional faith, then your spiritual life would be more like a ride on a roller coaster. Is your faith still fresh? Is how you feel about your faith in Jesus the same as it was on the day of your salvation? There is a song by Andrae Crouch that comes to mind …

Take me back, take me back dear Lord. To the place where I first received you.
Take me back, take me back dear Lord where I first believed

I feel that I'm so far from you Lord, But still I hear you calling me
Those simple things that I once knew, Their memories keep drawing me
I must confess, Lord I've been blessed But yet my soul's not satisfied
Renew my faith, restore my joy And dry my weeping eyes

Take me back, take me back dear Lord. To the place where I first received you
Take me back, take me back dear Lord where I first believed

I tried so hard To make it all alone
I need your help Just to make it home

Take me back, take me back dear Lord. To the place where I first received you
Take me back, take me back dear Lord where I first believed”  – Andrae Crouch, Take Me Back

Going back to the place, just like Thomas when he realized that Jesus was the Messiah – that He had, indeed risen from the dead.  Jesus the Redeemer – Emanuel. Just like the day that you realized the same thing – and you were blessed having not seen – but having believed by faith. Oh that our faith would be that fresh. The reason our faith becomes stale like the bread on your kitchen counter is because of neglect – disuse.  Oh friend, I want to encourage you to draw close to Jesus. To spiritually touch His hands and His side and recall Who Jesus is just like on the day of your salvation .. and not just today, but every day until He calls you home.

By Faith Alone By His Grace Alone And For His Glory Alone

No comments: