Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Sleeping In The Rain - An Invisible Struggle - But God Knows


Greetings!

Trail Leading To Bwanef
I know that if you are reading these devotions then you have a heart for God.  Rather than write a devotion today, I am going to share some information with you. What you may not know is that our ministry, Pathfinder Mission, is supporting the building of single family dwellings in the Western region of Haiti.  We are working with 7 churches and communities.  I just received an email from a young pastor, Anderson Jeune, from Anse du Clerc Haiti. He is managing the identification of the families to be helped and the construction that is accomplished with Haitian workers.  The houses are simple, but offer shelter for the families and sanitation since we are also building a toilet and rain catch system with each home.  The Spirit prompted me to share his email with you.

{PASTOR ANDERSON} “Hello my brother. I told you that the mass-raising work will begin this week. But there is another problem. Since the beginning of the week the rain does not cease to fall at the level of the department of Grand'Anse, the road to go to Bwanef is impracticable declared the boss mason, it could not work under the rains. Here again there is another delay in the work of Bwanef. If the weather is fine the boss mason will work by the weekend because we can not waste materials because of the rain. I think you will understand me because I can not do anything about this situation. If [it] were [up to] me the houses should finish already because there are many kind who sleep in the rain and they need our help. They rely on God and you because they have no other people to help them. I hope God through you will deliver them from this painful misery by helping them get out in the rain especially during this rainy season that begins this weekend. May God give you strength, courage and money to help them and in return he will bless you and your family and all the people who help you in this important project”

Bwanef was ravaged by the hurricane Matthew.  We have been trying to rebuild the pastor’s house there. Bwanef is on the top of a mountain and getting building materials to Bwanef has been very difficult because of the rain and the fact that the donkeys the people of Bwanef used for transporting supplies from the valley were killed in the storm.  (We have identified 11 families who lost donkeys in Matthew for whom we will purchase adult donkeys . .something that is out of their reach)

I am sharing this with you to ask you to pray for the people in this region.  The Haitian children sing a song “Bondye pa bliye mewn, Li konnen nomn m’” God has not forgotten me.  He knows my name.  I am not asking you for money .. I ask God to provide that.  I am asking for your spiritual support for the people “who are sleeping in the rain”

Thank you and Bondye Beni’w – God Bless You.

If you want to know more about Pathfinder visit our website at www.pathfindermission.org

No comments: