Tuesday, December 20, 2016

Planting Spiritual Seed - It's Your Job

My Utmost For His Highest
 
And I, if I am lifted up…will draw all peoples to Myself. —John 12:32
 
“When you find yourself face to face with a person who is spiritually lost, remind yourself of Jesus Christ on the cross. If that person can get to God in any other way, then the Cross of Christ is unnecessary. If you think you are helping lost people with your sympathy and understanding, you are a traitor to Jesus Christ. You must have a right-standing relationship with Him yourself, and pour your life out in helping others in His way— not in a human way that ignores God. The theme of the world’s religion today is to serve in a pleasant, non-confrontational manner.”  CHAMBERS
 
I was talking to two of our grandchildren about having a spiritual perspective on life.  To see the world the way Jesus saw the world.  Honestly, they didn’t quite get it.  They will, eventually.  The challenge is to “be transformed by the renewing of our minds” (Romans 12:2)  and when that happens you will see life differently.  (1 Corinthians 13:11) “When I was a child, I spoke as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child; but when I became a man, I put away childish things.”  Paul was referring to maturity in His faith.  A big part of that maturity is understanding the world and the people around you from God’s perspective.  Understanding that many of the natural things, the things that you have been taught to be true that are, in fact, contrary to the Word of God.  Seeing the human race as desperately lost and in need of a Savior.  That people are seeking something bigger than themselves to believe in and refuse to believe that it is Jesus.
 
I was just thinking about 1 Corinthians 13:11.  The first time I heard that verse was at my high school graduation.  The valedictorian of our class used that verse in her speech.  I was not a Christian, not for another 8 years, but the verse stuck with me.  My point to you, we are seed planters.  When the Spirit prompts you to speak or to share, don’t be quick to make a judgement about what effect it might have in a person’s life.  That is not up to you.  Your obligation is to tell people about Jesus.  To share what God puts on your heart.  It is the Word that has supernatural power, not you. It’s the Gospel that is the power unto salvation. (Romans 1:16) “For I am not ashamed of the gospel of Christ, for it is the power of God to salvation for everyone who believes….”  ELGIN

No comments: