Monday, November 2, 2015

Our Obedience To The Word Is A Testimony To The Truth

My Utmost For His Highest

“If you love Me, keep My commandments.” —John 14:15

“Our Lord never insists on obedience. He stresses very definitely what we ought to do, but He never forces us to do it. We have to obey Him out of a oneness of spirit with Him. That is why whenever our Lord talked about discipleship, He prefaced it with an “If,” meaning, “You do not need to do this unless you desire to do so.” “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself…” (Luke 9:23). In other words, “To be My disciple, let him give up his right to himself to Me.” Our Lord is not talking about our eternal position, but about our being of value to Him in this life here and now. […]  when I stand face to face with God, I will discover that through my obedience thousands were blessed. […] If I obey Jesus Christ, the redemption of God will flow through me to the lives of others, because behind the deed of obedience is the reality of Almighty God.”  CHAMBERS

Obedience is not just about me being “good”.  Obedience to the Word is about fulfilling God’s purpose in me.  If my salvation was merely about me, then why would God not bring me to heaven instead of leaving me here in this sin-sick world?  There must be something more.  And there is.  Jesus said “ the reason I was born and came into the world is to testify to the truth.” (John 18:37)  We are here to testify to the truth.  What is the Truth?  (1 John 5:11-12) “And this is the testimony: God has given us eternal life, and this life is in his Son. Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have the Son of God does not have life.” As we live in obedience to the Word, we testify to the world about Jesus.  Our lives are to be different.  God has made that possible through the Word of God, the Spirit of God, and the Son of God.  Not by our own effort.  It does not matter where you are or what your place is in this world .. your light will shine brightly as you live for Jesus and not yourself.  People around you need to hear the Gospel, but they also need to see the fruit of the Gospel shining in your everyday life.  Christian, you are not who you used to be, you are redeemed ... Think about it.  ELGIN

“This Little Light”

“This little light of mine, I’m gonna let it shine. Hide it under a bushel, No! I’m gonna let it shine. Won’t Let Satan blow it out! I’m gonna let it shine. Let it shine. Let it shine. Let it shine.”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

Charley Elgin

No comments: