Thursday, February 5, 2015

Serving God Without Conditions




“It is one thing to follow God’s way of service if you are regarded as a hero, but quite another thing if the road marked out for you by God requires becoming a “doormat” under other people’s feet. God’s purpose may be to teach you to say, “I know how to be abased…” (Philippians 4:12). Are you ready to be sacrificed like that? Are you ready to be less than a mere drop in the bucket— to be so totally insignificant that no one remembers you even if they think of those you served? Are you willing to give and be poured out until you are used up and exhausted— not seeking to be ministered to, but to minister? Some saints cannot do menial work while maintaining a saintly attitude, because they feel such service is beneath their dignity.” CHAMBERS

Have you ever known someone who had to have things go their way or they would withdraw from whatever was going on?  It might be a game, work, ministry, or perhaps a relationship.  Or maybe you are that person. If we live our lives as Christians in that way, we have a conditional faith? Demanding that things go our way if we are to comply with what God has called us to.  I visited a remote village in Southwestern Haiti yesterday, Donglise (Dawn gleece).  The pastor is not well.  I prayed for him.  Not to just be healed but that God would give him the health he needed to do what God had called him to.  It is not important for me to be completely healed of my infirmities, although that would be a good thing.  But I ask that God would give me the strength I need to accomplish His purposes through me.  And if He does nothing, some would say it is because I lacked faith.  I say it does not matter I will continue to serve in spite of it.  ELGIN

2 Corinthians 12:7-10  “And lest I should be exalted above measure by the abundance of the revelations, a thorn in the flesh was given to me, a messenger of Satan to buffet me, lest I be exalted above measure.  Concerning this thing I pleaded with the Lord three times that it might depart from me.  And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reproaches, in needs, in persecutions, in distresses, for Christ’s sake. For when I am weak, then I am strong.”

Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: