Monday, January 20, 2014

Your Source of Joy and Peace

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘Jealously guard your relationship with God. Jesus prayed “that they may be one just as We are one”-with nothing in between (John 17:22). Keep your whole life continually open to Jesus Christ. Don’t pretend to be open with Him. Are you drawing your life from any source other than God Himself? If you are depending on something else as your source of freshness and strength, you will not realize when His power is gone.’ CHAMBERS
 
As Christians, we have a new life .. a new source of life … we need no longer depend upon circumstances for our joy and peace or our feeling of well-being.  All of that is found through Jesus Christ.  The fruit of the Spirit is being produced in us every day as we seek after God.  We have a new perspective on everyday life.  There are still difficulties … but they should no longer weigh us down as they once did.  In John 16:33, Jesus said “These things I have spoken to you that you might have peace … in the world you will have trouble, but be of good cheer (be encouraged) I have overcome the world”
 
We must bring everything into perspective.  Jesus has overcome sin and death. Sin and its affects are all around us.  We are in the midst of it, every day.  But we do not have to let it steal our joy … sap us of our strength.  The fruit of the Spirit is produced on the inside not the outside. It is a result of a strong relationship with the Lord.  This promised life is not something that is reserved for some.  It is for every believer.  But to experience it, your relationship with Jesus must be a priority … a vital part of your life … not just a passing thought ..
 
“My life is in You, Lord,  My strength is in You, Lord
 
My hope is in You, Lord,  In You, it's in You.
 
I will praise You with all of my heart.  I will praise You with all of my hope.
 
With all of my life, and all of my strength.  All of my hope is in You.”
 
Daniel Gardner - My Life Is In You, Lord Lyrics
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: