Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Getting Your Fruit Inspected

My Utmost For His Highest
 
‘No one experiences complete sanctification without going through a “white funeral”-the burial of the old life. If there has never been this crucial moment of change through death, sanctification will never be more than an elusive dream. There must be a “white funeral,” a death with only one resurrection-a resurrection into the life of Jesus Christ. Nothing can defeat a life like this. It has oneness with God for only one purpose— to be a witness for Him.’ CHAMBERS
 
Galatians 2:20 says that we are crucified with Christ … but we have been resurrected .. and the new life we live is because He is in us. That we live by faith.  When Jesus talked with Nicodemus in John 3, Jesus spoke of the Kingdom and the fact that it is by spiritual birth that we can see it.  The day you received Jesus as Lord is the day you entered the Kingdom. You are a new creation from that point on (2 Corinthians 5:17) Paul said that because of our new life that we should no longer practice those things that characterized our old life.  At the Experiencing God bible study, I was asked .. “How do you know someone is a Christian?” I told them, to begin with, you should inspect, not judge, the fruit that they are bearing in their lives .. Galatians 5:19-25 tells us what the fruit of our flesh (our first birth) is like and what the fruit of the Spirit (our second birth) is like.  If I say I am an apple tree but am bearing sour oranges … what is your conclusion?  So what do people see hanging off of your branches?  You once were a sour orange tree but a new variety has been grafted in. You have a new nature … a new reality .. you are a child of the King!
 
I Am A Promise (Gaithers)
 
“I am {You are} a promise, I am a possibility. I am a promise with a capital “P”.  I am a great big bundle of potentiality.  And I’m learning, to hear God’s voice and I’m trying to make the right choice. I’m a promise to be anything God wants me to be.”
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: