Friday, December 6, 2013

Spending Time With Your Father


My Utmost For His Highest

‘Waiting for God to act is fleshly unbelief. It means that I have no faith in Him. I wait for Him to do something in me so I may trust in that. But God won’t do it, because that is not the basis of the God-and-man relationship. Man must go beyond the physical body and feelings in his covenant with God, just as God goes beyond Himself in reaching out with His covenant to man. It is a question of faith in God–a very rare thing. We only have faith in our feelings. I don’t believe God until He puts something tangible in my hand, so that I know I have it. Then I say, “Now I believe.” There is no faith exhibited in that. God says, “Look to Me, and be saved . . .” (Isaiah 45:22).’ CHAMBERS
 
I often quote Hebrews 11:1 – Faith .. the substance of things hoped for .. the evidence of things not see … The way this new life works is we exercise faith in God .. no proof … and then He proves He is faithful … Our tendency is to focus on those things that will bring comfort to us physically or emotionally … they are not “bad” things to pray about, but it is often to the neglect of our nurturing our relationship with God.  We often treat God like He is Dominoes Pizza.  When I want a pizza, I call and they deliver .. how easy is that.  Otherwise I don’t give Dominoes a second thought.  God wants a loving relationship with us.  The Bible says “See what manner of love God has for us .. we are called His children” 1 John 3:1
 
Spend some time with your Abba (Father) today. “The Spirit you received does not make you slaves, so that you live in fear again; rather, the Spirit you received brought about your adoption to sonship. And by him we cry, “Abba, Father.” Romans 8:15
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: