Saturday, October 20, 2012

Give It Up

My Utmost For His Highest
 
Am I willing to let God do in me everything that has been made possible through the atonement of the Cross of Christ? Am I willing to let Jesus become sanctification to me, and to let His life be exhibited in my human flesh?[…] It is a holiness based on agonizing repentance, a sense of inexpressible shame and degradation, and also on the amazing realization that the love of God demonstrated itself to me while I cared nothing about Him. […]The effect [of sanctification]  in me is obedience, service, and prayer, and is the outcome of inexpressible thanks and adoration for the miraculous sanctification that has been brought about in me because of the atonement through the Cross of Christ.’ CHAMBERS
 
Have you drawn a line in the sand with God?  The line marks the point to which you are willing to change .. to give up what you enjoy about the world … Are there areas – devotions – preferences  in your life that, if the holiness of God shined on them would reveal their true nature … In your heart you know it, but you really like them … and have resolved yourself to allowing them in your life .. I mean what does it hurt?
 
God has called us to be holy because He is holy .. this not a call to some Christians but to all Christians … it is not a call to give some of my life to Him but all of my life …. Every devotion .. every thought … to reject the idea that we can live with one foot in heaven and the other in the world.  When we live our lives like that .. it is difficult to see the value of faith. We view God as a holy waiter .. standing next to us, waiting to take our order … I need some money for this .. I need that relationship fixed … I need to get out of the trouble I am in.  I have forgotten that He is God and I am not.  That I was created for His glory not mine.  Have you ever seen parents that are tyrannized by their child?  That is what we try to do to God when we reject the sanctified life. It really doesn’t matter what Jesus did for us … we want our next need met .. and I am talking about NOW not later.
 
You might be thinking .. that is not me … be on your guard .. because it could be you in a moment .. with one thought … Our flesh is always waiting to take back the throne … that is why it is so important that you put on the full armor of God (Ephesians 6) every day.  “All to Jesus I surrender .. all to Him I daily give. I will ever love and trust Him.  In His presence daily live.  I surrender all…”  What do you imagine the person who penned those lyrics was thinking about .. or going through?  Most likely the same things we do.
 
Is there something in your life .. maybe more than one thing .. that you need to surrender to the Lord?  Your light is not quite as bright as it once was or could be.  Lay it down Christian … let Jesus rule in your heart .. all of your heart … and let your light shine ….
 
Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

No comments: