Sunday, January 29, 2012

Trying Harder For God

MUFHH

God has to destroy our determined confidence in our own convictions. We say, “I know that this is what I should do”-and suddenly the voice of God speaks in a way that overwhelms us by revealing the depths of our ignorance. We show our ignorance of Him in the very way we decide to serve Him. We serve Jesus in a spirit that is not His, and hurt Him by our defense of Him. We push His claims in the spirit of the devil; our words sound all right, but the spirit is that of an enemy. “He . . . rebuked them, and said, ’You do not know what manner of spirit you are of’ ” (Luke 9:55). The spirit of our Lord in His followers is described in 1 Corinthians 13 . Have I been persecuting Jesus by an eager determination to serve Him in my own way?  CHAMBERS

It seems sometimes that you can’t win.  I mean you make a decision to follow God … to serve Him and then … then you read something like this … Isn’t it enough that I want to DO ‘godly’ things?  The thing is, this life is not about determination … trying harder .. it’s about surrendering my will … not exercising it in another … more ‘spiritual way’ 

 Oswald Chambers words sound a bit harsh sometimes .. but so do the words of Jesus … that is because they pierce our hearts in places that we have not yielded to the Lord.


My way will not be to foster a meek and quiet spirit, only the spirit of self-satisfaction. We presume that whatever is unpleasant is our duty! Is that anything like the spirit of our Lord— “I delight to do Your will, O my God . . .” (Psalm 40:8).  CHAMBERS


The challenges we face here in Haiti can seem so insurmountable if we are not careful we will lose hope .. maybe even try to solve the problems in our own strength and ‘say’ that it is God .. but God does not fail … He cannot lose … Proverbs 3:5-6

 Bondye Beni Ou (God Bless You)

Charley

By His Grace and For His Glory






No comments: